WGCF seeks to improve the world around us through civic gardening and beautification projects and educational opportunities. All of these projects require funding which minimal club dues do not cover; therefore fundraising is important. At district meetings and the state convention, members have the opportunity to purchase gardening supplies and to participate in silent auctions.
Current fundraising opportunties are:
FLOWER POWER BULB SALE: Purchase summer flowering bulbs and WGCF receives 50% of the purchase price for community projects such as the Hilary Grace Healing Garden at the UW Hospital in Madison. This sale ends May 1, 2016.
Please collect and save gently worn shoes from your closets, your friends, your neighbors. Shoes and boots and
sandals and crocs and flip flops and stilettos and flats and tennis, etc. can be of ANY style, of ANY size. There needs to be 2 shoes for a pair. If the shoes need laces, there need to be laces. The shoes need to be in good, clean condition. No holes, paint splatters, broken heels, etc.
To prepare the collected shoes:
- Either tie shoelaces of a pair together, or bind them with a rubber band*.
- Place the shoes in a clear 33 gallon garbage bag*. The goal is to pack each bag with 25 shoes.
- Please label the bag with the number of shoes packed in it. ( Should a bag have less than 25 pairs, we will add to it at the collection site.)
- Close the bag by tying it or using a rubber band.
- Bring or send your bags of shoes to the May convention in Elkhart Lake.
Your club or district now has the time to plan your local shoe collection.
There will be bags and rubber bands available at the February Executive Committee/Board Meeting.