Central Region Awards
2015 – 2017
Central Region (CR) wants to recognize member clubs, districts and states in our region. The National Garden Club (NGC) President’s theme, “Leap into Action” focuses on Mason Bees, Monarch Butterflies and frightened frogs. Award applications for the Central Region Awards are sent to the Central Region Awards Chairman, Sherry Wilson, 214 Lakeridge Road, Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 (573) 785-1032. Detailed information on awards can be found on the CR website.
Central Region Unified Project (NGC Award of Excellence #25)
- The Central Region theme “Cultivating Connections” focuses on individual member clubs, districts and state federations working together on projects, especially those sponsored by NGC incorporating the NGC, CR and state logos into all signage and publicity. This includes flyers, website announcements, programs, business cards, event signage, etc.
- Events may include promoting the Bee Gap Program, Pollinators, Monarch Watch, The Frightened Frog book activities, Bee a Wildlife Action Hero and Leap into Leadership. (Visit nationalgardenclub.org for more information on these NGC President’s Projects.) A project related to a local concern, involving one or more natural resources is especially important.
- All will qualify towards a Regional Project provided the NGC, CR and WGCF Logos are included on all signage and publicity.
- Garden club members are encouraged to share their knowledge, care for their communities and the environment while abiding by the conservation pledge
- Information will be used by the State Unified Project Chairman to complete a Book of Evidence that includes club and district entries. State Presidents – please send your Book of Evidence to the Regional Project Chairman, Liz Murken, 1323 Maricopa Drive, Oshkosh, WI 54904-8150; or email: email@example.com.
- Project information must be received on or before September 15, 2016. Liz will compile all information to prepare a Book of Evidence and submit it to the National Garden Clubs, Inc. Awards Chairman for judging.
Central Region Award # 1 – “Cultivating Connections”
A Certificate and $50.00 to the State Garden Club that has the most clubs program participation in the NGC Award # 25 – Central Region’s Project. This award is judged on the Book of Evidence (listed above), submitted to Liz Murken. Sponsored by Judy Newman, Central Region Director