Start Your Own Club
Do you love gardening? Planting and caring for vegetables, flowers, and so on? Then, garden clubs are for you. When you join a garden club you meet people who also love gardening.
How do you start a garden club?
Plan an organizational meeting in your home or in a community center. Select a time and day which is convenient for you and those you plan to invite. Send out invitations and advertise the meeting in a local newspaper. Plan an interesting program. Before long you will want to organize your group, selecting officers and writing by-laws. A nearby Federated club can be helpful with the organizational details.
Requirements for federating your garden club. Pay your dues!
Member clubs shall pay annual per capita dues of $10.00 for individual membership plus an additional $3.25 per spouse membership to the WGCF treasurer by June 1.
This payment includes National Garden Clubs, Inc. dues of 50 cents and includes a yearly subscription to WISCONSIN GARDENS for each address.
Benefits of Club Membership
- Identifies you with members of the largest gardening organization in the world.
- Gives you automatic membership in the State, Region and National Garden Clubs, Inc.
- Teaches you the basics of flower arranging and horticulture
- Offers you educational opportunities in the schools sponsored by NGC,inc.
- Gardening Study
- Landscape Design
- Flower Show
- Environmental Studies
- Provides you access to resources from NGC, Inc. Headquarters for club programs, illustrated lectures, and informational materials.
- Allows you to exchange ideas through conference, correspondence and association with others of similar interests.
- Enables you to serve others through garden therapy and youth gardening activities.
- Furnishes you collective ways of working with others for beautification of your community.
- Affords you the opportunity to compete for awards and grants.
- Permits you to nominate a qualified college student to apply for a scholarship in garden related fields.
- Liability Insurance Policy available for Shows and Special Events.
For More Information about Garden Clubs
WGCF President, Sylvia Lowell, firstname.lastname@example.org or Membership Secretary, Diane Olsen, email@example.com