This program allows local garden clubs to apply for funding up to $250 to support the development of gardens in their community.
2018 Grant Recipients
- Gold Star maker placement at the state capitol by the Sun Prairie Garden Club and Madison District.
- Hill and Dale Garden Club of Elroy is revamping the local museum gardens.
- Lake Wissota Garden Club of Chippewa Falls is creating a self-guided tour through the Irvine Park wildflower
- Sugar River Garden Club in Verona is establishing four vegetable garden beds which will share produce with the community.
- West Side Garden Club in Madison is vegetable gardening with children at the Theresa Terrace Neighborhood Center.
- The Willow River Garden Club of New Richmond will use the money to improve the gardens for the residents at the Deerfield, a senior living community.
2017: Awards were made to 6 garden clubs totaling $950.00
- Botany Belles & Beaus Garden Club for landscaping around the flagpoles at the newly created Creamery Park.
- Elmbrook Garden Club working with Girl Scout Troop to remove invasive buckthorn and plant native plants.
- Lake Wissota Garden Club rejuvenate the Bridge St. Welcome Garden at the entry to Chippewa Falls.
- Sunset Garden Club establishing a perennial pollinator garden at Fire Station #9.
- West Side Garden Club working with Theresa Terrace Neighborhood Center’s summer children’s program to grow vegetables.
- Whitefish Bay Garden Club funding for a speaker on bees and pollinator plants for public education.