Step Into Spring Shoe Drive
Many people do not have shoes to wear. Many people do not have jobs.
We have lots of shoes. Some of our shoes are thrown into the landfills.
WGCF needs funds to continue its mission. If we donate our shoes, WGCF will receive money for them. People will have jobs sorting the shoes. when the shoes reach one of the 26 countries that funds2Org deals with, people will purchase the shoes to use either as trade goods or for their own shoe-selling business. More people will have shoes. More people will have jobs.
WGCF has contracted with funds2org to collect 2500 pairs of shoes.
Please collect and save gently worn shoes from your closets, your friends, your neighbors.
Shoes and boots and sandals and crocs and flip flops and stilettos and flats and tennis etc. can be of ANY style, of ANY size. There needs to be 2 shoes for a pair. If the shoes need laces, there need to be laces. The shoes need to be in good, clean condition. No holes, paint splatters, broken heels etc.
To prepare the collected shoes:
- Either tie shoelaces of a pair together, or bind them with a rubber band*.
- Place the shoes in a clear 33 gallon garbage bag*. The goal is to pack each bag with 25 shoes.
- Please label the bag with the number of shoes packed in it. ( Should a bag have less than 25 pairs, we will add to it ad the collection site.)
- Close the bag by tying it or using a rubber band.
- Bring or send your bags of shoes to the May convention in Elkhart Lake.
Your club or district now has the time to plan your local shoe collection.
There will be bags and rubber bands available at the February Executive Committee/Board Meeting.