WGCF Grants Awarded
The inaugural WGCF grant program was designed, launched and promoted in January 2017.This program allows local garden clubs to apply for funding up to $200 to support the development of gardens in their community. 10 grant applications were received from member clubs by the deadline of March 31st. Awards were made to 6 garden clubs totaling $950.
Clubs receiving awards this year are:
- Botany Belles & Beaus Garden Club for landscaping around the flagpoles at the newly created Creamery Park.
- Elmbrook Garden Club working with Girl Scout Troop to remove invasive buckthorn and plant native plants.
- Lake Wissota Garden Club rejuvenate the Bridge St. Welcome Garden at the entry to Chippewa Falls.
- Sunset Garden Club establishing a perennial pollinator garden at Fire Station #9.
- West Side Garden Club working with Theresa Terrace Neighborhood Center’s summer children’s program to grow vegetables.
- Whitefish Bay Garden Club funding for a speaker on bees and pollinator plants for public education.
Looking forward to the reports in December.