Why join a club?
Garden clubs serve to unite people of all ages and backgrounds who are enthusiastic about learning and getting their hands dirty. Perhaps you love to grow flowers or vegetables? Enjoy landscaping? Want to improve the environment? Create floral arrangements? Desire to help improve and beautify your community? Want to make new friends with similar interests? Participation in a garden club might just help you in any or all of these aspects of gardening.
Garden clubs generally meet monthly. Some meet in members homes while others might meet at a central location.
Yearly dues vary by club but range from $10.00 to $30.00. Money goes to the local club to fund programs and outreach activities. A portion goes to National Garden Club, Inc. and to WGCF.
Depends on your time schedule and interests, of course. Attend and help out as you can.
Programs and Projects
Monthly meetings offer a wide range of programs. These programs are determined by the interests of the club members but may include gardening techniques, garden crafts, tours, flower arranging, landscape hints, address environmental concerns and much more. Projects, once again, are determined by club members but usually involve community beautification.
Check out the district pages for more information about clubs in your area and contact information. No club in your area? Contact the district director in your area to see about starting one.
- Adams, Buffalo, Crawford, Jackson, Juneau, La Crosse, Monroe, Richland, Sauk, Trempealeau, Vernon Counties
- Clubs located in : Bangor, Elroy, La Crosse, Sparta, Viroqua
- Brown, Columbia, Florence, Fond du Lac, Forest, Green Lake, Langlade, Lincoln, Marinette, Marathon, Marquette, Menominee, Oconto, Oneida, Outagamie, Portage, Shawano, Vilas, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago, Wood counties
- Clubs located in: Appleton, Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, Rothschild, Wisconsin Rapids
- Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Washburn Counties
- Clubs located in: Spooner, Superior
- Dane, Grant, Green, Iowa, Lafayette, Rock counties
- Clubs located in: Madison, Mt. Horeb, Sun Prairie, Verona
- Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington, Waukesha counties
- Clubs located in: Brookfield, Elm Grove, Fox Point, Hales Corners, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Racine, Wauwatosa, West Allis, Whitefish Bay
- Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, St. Croix Counties
- Clubs located in: Baldwin-Woodville Area, Chippewa Falls, New Richmond
- Calumet, Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Sheboygan counties
- Clubs located in: Sheboygan
All districts welcome the formation of new clubs.